Porsche 944 Brake Pads
Since 1984, all 944 models plus the 968 include wear signs. Whenever brake pads tend to be worn to the level the wear indicators get in touch with the rotor, a light are illuminated regarding the dash to indicate your pads need to be replaced. But the wear signs could become damaged and may never be considered 100percent trustworthy for suggesting whenever brake shields ought to be changed. The tires needs to be eliminated to test the brake shields. The brakes should be inspected everytime the tires tend to be rotated. For designs with tires that can not be rotated (in other words. sizes tires forward and rear), the brake system must be inspected every 15, 000 kilometers as the very least. Anytime the wheels tend to be eliminated, it's a good idea to inspect the brakes.
The minimum permitted width when it comes to brakes shields is 2 mm. But Porsche typically recommends replacing the braking system shields at a thickness of 2.5 mm. In the event that brake pads are replaced at 2mm or perhaps the use indicators were triggered, the use indicators must be changed together with the brake pads.
Changing the Brake Pads
- Jack Stands
- 19 mm plug and ratchet/breaker bar (preferably 1/2" drive)
- Metric wrench set
- Metric plug set
- Bailing wire / surprise cords
- Bearing grease / petroleum ointment or anti-squeal pads
- Hammer and Flat tip punch (Normally aspirated 944s and 924s only)
- Big station lock pliers
- Needle nostrils pliers
- Lineman's pliers
- Turkey baster or vacuum cleaner pump kind braking system bleeder (for the removal of brake fluid if reservoir level is simply too high)
- Rags for cleaning brake system
- Little pry club or huge flat tip screwdriver
- Brake piston compressor (optional)
On 944 / 944S vehicles perform the annotated following:
Since the brake caliper is pushed outward, braking system substance has been force back to the brake reservoir. Keep a detailed eye on brake liquid reservoir level while pressing out caliper to prevent overflowing the reservoir. If degree gets excessive, eliminate a few of the fluid from reservoir utilizing a turkey baster or vacuum pressure pump brake bleeder.
On 944 S2 / 944 Turbo / 968 automobiles perform the annotated following: